Official Rules — Caber Sure Fit Inc.’s Ugly Couch Contest
- No purchase is necessary.
- Contest will open at 12:01 p.m. EST on Saturday, March 10, 2012 and will close at 5:00 p.m. EST on Monday, June 4, 2012.
- Eligibility: To enter and to be eligible to win, a person must be a resident of Canada and be of the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside. Employees of, or persons domiciled with an employee of, Caber Sure Fit Inc. are ineligible.
- This Contest is sponsored and produced by Caber Sure Fit Inc., 35 Valleywood drive, Unit 1, Markham, Ontario (“Contest Sponsor”).
HOW TO ENTER YOUR COUCH IN THE CONTEST.
- There are two ways to enter the Contest:
- OFFLINE: Send a clear, colour photograph of the couch that you believe is the ugliest couch accompanied by a brief description to: The Ugly Couch Contest, c/o Caber Sure Fit Inc, 35 Valleywood drive, Unit 1, Markham, Ontario, L3R 5L9 to arrive not later than 5:00 p.m. EST on June 4, 2012. Limit one entry per person or household regardless of method of entry. Photo should be a minimum size of 3″x5″ and a maximum size of 8″x10″. Enclose, on a separate piece of paper, your full name, full address, daytime phone number and email address (if you have one).
SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Ten Semi-Finalists will be selected from all eligible entries received by 5:00 p.m. EST on Monday, June 4, 2012. The panel selecting the Semi-Finalists will be drawn from the staff of Caber Sure Fit Inc… The ten Semi-Finalists’ photos will be displayed at www.uglycouchcontest.ca or facebook.com/surefitcanada from June 11, 2012 until 9:00 a.m. EST on June 18, 2012 during which time the public will be asked to vote online at www.uglycouchcontest.ca or facebook.com/surefitcanada for the Ugliest Couch. The Grand Prize Winner will be featured on the same web site on June 25, 2012.
QUANTITY, PRIZES AND ODDS
- Prizes and Odds are as follows:
- There is one Grand Prize consisting of $1,000.00, plus up to $500 worth of Sure Fit products based on their Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (“MSRP”);
- There is one Second Place Prize consisting of $500 worth of Sure Fit products;
- There is one Third Place Prize consisting of $300 worth of Sure Fit products; and
- The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- All Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, or email or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected winning entrants. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest. Contest Sponsor also does- not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor are final in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- Contest administration, winner selection and contest verification will be supervised by Caber Sure Fit Inc. By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Voting by the public on the finalist will be conducted on the Internet at www.uglycouchcontest.ca only. Those wishing to vote are responsible for accessing the correct Web site at ww.uglycouchcontest.ca and for all costs, or charges involved in accessing the Web site and warrant that the cost of accessing the site, if any, is part of a larger agreement with an Internet Service Provider or some other means, and that the cost of this access is not an incremental cost. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for those who cannot access the Internet or cannot click-through for any period of time or for messages that are garbled or if entry information is not captured correctly on account of technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination, network, human error or any other problems; and for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason.
- Contest Sponsor assume no liability for damage caused to entrant’s or any other person’s/entity’s computer hardware, software or communications network, regardless of cause. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the online voting or disqualify any entrant if, in Contest Sponsor’s sole judgment, it determines that the integrity or fairness of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure or any other causes.
- If a potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or if prize or prize notification is returned or cannot be delivered, it will be concluded definitively that the prize has been declined and, without further notice, an alternative winner may be selected. By entering, all participants release and hold harmless Caber Sure Fit Inc. and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, successors and their respective directors, officers, employees, advertising, production and Web design and hosting agencies, where applicable, one and all, from all liability, including attorneys’ fees and costs, regarding participation in the Contest, the receipt and use of prize awarded and, without limitation, from any loss of or damage to property, injury or death while using or misusing the prize. Prize winner waives the right 1) to assert as a cost of winning the prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and 2) to any claim which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize.
- All materials submitted become the property of Contest Sponsor and none will be returned or acknowledged. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, under the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applying therein, by an Ontario Court sitting within 50 km of Toronto, Ontario. All claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorney’s fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- For residents of the Province of Québec, Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- By entering the Contest, you agree that Contest Sponsor may use your name, voice, likeness and any and all identifying characteristics including, but not limited to, the taking of photographs and/or videos by Sponsor’s photographer/videographer for publicity purposes, without any further consent or compensation to you, in any media and in perpetuity, unless prohibited by law, and you agree to execute any and all documents requested by Sponsor to convey such rights to own all the results thereof. Nothing contained in these Official Rules, however, shall be deemed to obligate Contest Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted in these rules and by entering this Contest you waive any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
- The winners’ list will appear at www.uglycouchcontest.ca or facebook.com/surefitcanada on or about June 25, 2012.
- Subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations, these Contest Rules govern all aspects of the Contest and are binding on all participants.
- All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2012 Caber Sure Fit Inc.